If like me you like experimenting with new ways to wear antique jewelry, this article will surely spark some ideas. I love hair jewelry, but often struggle to find pieces in the right color and unique designs. The idea of using antique jewelry to add extra jazz to my funky hairdos has earned me lots of complements and a unique style. Use the following simple tricks to use old jewelry for great hair styles.
1. First decide what you want to use jewelry for. It can be used to add an accent, hold hair together or hide problem areas. To identify the right jewelry to use, you'll have to first decide what you wish to accomplish with it.
2. Decide the hairstyle you're going for, then fix the color, style and type of jewelry needed to get the look you want.
3. Bracelets are great to accent or mimic hairbands. They can also be used to adorn a simple pony tail or certain other hairdos like the French twist or bun. Necklaces and chains can intertwined with hair to create unique hairstyles. They can also be used as a headband or a tiara.
4. Think about the method for putting the jewelry into place. You might need to remove certain parts or hide certain others like hooks and extra chains within the hairstyle. Sometimes you might need other accessories to hold the jewelry in place like hairpins, clips, headbands or claws.
5. Do the required modifications and make the purchases you need to complete the hairdo you want. Ask your hairstylist for additional tips on placing the piece.
6. Apply the chosen jewelry to create the desired hairstyle. A cuff bracelet to accent a pony tai, or a flat one to line a French twist. Intertwine a necklace into a braid, or with spiral curls. You could even use it on your head as a beautiful headband. An antique earing can drop of one side of the head to add extra glamor and drama. Studs can be placed into the grooves of a braid to uplift the entire style.